Saturday, December 31, 2011

The year that was

As I look back on this year, I bid it with a smile. It was a hard start. Reeling from 2010. The stark contrast was very evident. That is something that I know I share with a lot of people.

I remember being very exhausted at the end of 2010. That I was glad it was ending. I remember hoping and wishing and whispering to the wind that I really hoped 2011 would be a better one. And it was.

The bossa music is playing in my background, the scent of the apple wood candle distinct in every deep inhalation. I meditated for a few minutes. Closed my eyes and let it wander in the year that was.

Reeling from the end of what was a long relationship, I embraced 2011  with a promise of having a better quality of life. I told myself that there will be goals that would be reached before I end the third decade of my life. Maturity, patience and happiness in solitude would be some of the things I wanted to achieve.

The travel, seeing Europe, scuba diving, the great images and the people I've met are the pages to a chapter that would prove to be one of my favorites thus far. Wow, what a story.

I learned that I have great self control. I was just recently told that I embrace my age. That I love myself, which is good. I have gained respect and showed others that the big life goals can be achieved by little baby steps of little successful goals.

2011 will be hard to top. I feel like 2012 will have a few surprises. I sense that it will prove some of the feelings and fears I felt in this ending year were wrong. I feel that some of the wishes of the people I love around me will come true for me. I throw caution to the wind to make sure that I will not disappoint myself too much if certain things fail to come true.

I've found a balance in my life somewhat, but I feel like I am still reeling in from what could be described as the calm after the storm. I believe that the balance that I've found will from here in forward allow me to take in the future storms that will come my way.

Thanks 2011. Here's to a great New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment