Wednesday, December 28, 2011

ROME - Getting lost 2.2

1 December, 2011 - Thursday
Roma Italy
Second full day

I decided t head back to the Vatican, at the piaza, I sat down next to one of the columns to catch up on some writing. I sat next to a slender old man in a brown vest. After which I ended up meeting to elderly ladies from Manila who was there're for official visit with COA. We took pictures of each other.

I decided to take on the 500 plus hike up the Coppola of San Pietro. Man that was nuts. The steps kept on coming... I could have paid an extra 2 euros to use an elevator half way up the base of the coppola. Didn't. The view from the cage on the base of the Coppola was great. But then i saw mor steps going up which followed.

The steps took me higher and higher through narrowing corridors and halls and windows. You will realize that you are close to the to when the walls start bending to the right for you..

More steps and then a spiral staircase. Voila! Rome and everything else in front of you.

Upon coming down, I went into a chapel on the right side of the cathedral to pray more. I then after exiting, decided to do the trek to castel sant Angelo. There's wasnt much to see there. It was stepping into time though, looking through archer holes and imagining how it was like. From there I made my way to piazza novono. There was a Christmas market there. Along the way I walked through the pretty narrow streets of central Rome and stopped by different shops. When I got t the piazza, started looking for trinkets and saw some.

I then proceeded to walk to the Spanish steps after realizing that there was no metro between them. I got there and chaos. Lol there were people everywhere. Nice.

I met NiƱa at the cafe Greco. Apparently a very old shop. From there we went t the piazza del popolo to have dinner and drinks. Walked some more and talked about many things. We ended up finding our way to venneza and then the colosseum at night. When we realized that it was late and that we were tired, we then went back to the termini to get back home to our own places.

NEXT

No comments:

Post a Comment