Wednesday, December 28, 2011

ROME - Getting lost 2.1

30 November, 2011 Wednesday
Rome, Italy
The beehive hostel
First full day in Rome

Jean Luca was a tall slender man who see very softly but with clear English words and subtle hand movements. He was the cook in the basement cafe of the beehive. He prepared my meal and served it with care. After my meal, I called up Emanuel.

"jab, why you didn't tel me you were coming? I wanted to get everyone read and the whole city ready for you..." we agreed to meet for dinner that evening.

I went to pick u a Roma pass for 25€. I then proceeded to the Vatican. On the line A getting off the ottaviano station you will get immediately the sense of how crazy morning Rome is. The crowd moved in such a violent rush into the trains.

I found my sa eventually to the Vatican entrance - as soon as Saint Peters square opened up to me - all I could call on was God. I was able to absorb that moment fairly quickly. I then decided to follow the queue to the entrance.

What happened next was a feeling ive never ever felt before.

A few steps into the cathedral, an overwhelming sense of great power took over. The immerses structure was too much for my to take in. I started crying... I've been saying in the past Few weeks that "anything is attainable..." I was in the cathedral made by mans hand. However, all I can think about was that it was impossible for man to this this without the power of faith. I am in n way preaching... But I do believe that man alone cannot be capable of such a structure without a divine hand of guidance.

As soon as I found a place to kneel and pray, I dropped my things and started to pray. 20 minutes might have passed and was sniffling and crying as I prayed, praised and gave thanks.

I spent around 2 hours absorbing the great building was in.

After the Vatican, I picked up some stamps and post cards. I was writing on the cards in the middle of the piazza when I met about 8 teenag girls all shooting in film. All lovely girls who were very very Italian. I then walked down the street grab a pizza. I the shop I ordered my meal and it turned out that the guy I was speaking to the whole time was Filipino. Haha

Getting lost in the streets of Rome was a good habit. I ended up walking int commanding, a popular place for people to buy religious gifts and stuff. I went to town in comandini.

After a quick snack decided to go to the Vatican museum to get to the Sistine chapel. Breezing through the collections I was determined to go see the great chapel... Did and was able to take some photos.

I went back home to the hostel to relax and wait for the time to meet with Emanuel. They had picked me up at the termini and being a gracious guest and brought me to have dinner at an American restaurant... Haha

After dinner with Emanuel the Romano and lovely the napolitano they took me to an overlooking part of town to see Rome.

NEXT

No comments:

Post a Comment