Wednesday, December 28, 2011

ROME Getting lost 1.5.2

29 November, 2011
Rome, Italy
First night in Rome

The arrival was uneventful. The luggage was ready in minutes. I followed the signs that said shuttle busses to the Termini.

I didn't realize how central the termini was to Rome. I also didn't realize how close the beehive was to the termini. On the bus, I heard a gentleman ask an Italian man about a hotel. The Italian obviously didn't speak English. I asked the man if he needed a hotel because I was staying at the hostel and he can go there with me.

His name was Richard, from Australia. He just came from the netherlands, couched surfed with cousins there for a few weeks. He explained to me that the next day he would be headed to a farm outside of work where he will be working there're in exchange for lodging. The man who owns the farm was the cousin of another man he met when he was in Mexico looking the crystal caves. He said that he met this man on the bus and offered him a place to stay. Richard offered to pay for the food and drinks while he was there.

My roommates where there in their beds when I got in. Max, Asian. Student from Toronto originally from Vancouver and this blonde girl from Colorado. I introduced myself and after gathering my self told max that I will go and grab a drink. We asked Colorado girl to join us.

At the tavern, we shared a pitcher of new castle. Our conversations were merely sweeping generalities of our past few days talking about the places we've visited. Colorado girl has been working in farms, had been studying sustainable farming and grows marijuana back home. Richard, is just one of those vagabonds who's been everywhere but is obviously hiding the reason as to how he can lead that bohemian life.

Colorad girl soon left after the first pitcher. Richard and I then ordered another full ne and started talKing about everything or from our past, our families and the quality of life and the people we meet.

Our conversation lasted another hour when we decided to call it a night. We went back to the beehive to call it a night.

NEXT

No comments:

Post a Comment