Thursday, November 24, 2011

Getting lost 1.0

November 23, 2011 - Thursday

Suppose you were given a chance at this point in your life to spend over a week in Europe, in cities like London, Paris and Rome? Would you go? If you couldn't, why?

Ive been lucky enough to have worked hard enough to get to a point where I could. Well, considering that this was planned over Facebook chat with my old college roommate while was supposed to be working, it turned out ok.

Tomorrow morning, black Friday I will get on a plane that will connect me via NC to London Gatwick airport. From there I'm supposed to find my way to saint pancras, the train station. I'm to meet my old friend Ross there. From there we shall take a train that will go under the English Channel and take us to Paris.

To say I'm excited is weak. I am tired yes, at this point because of the erratic schedule but I am excited nonetheless.

I am packed. Clothes that will last a few days, 2 pairs of comfortable shoes and of course my camera gear. Would I forget that?

Throughout the trip, I shall be sending dispatches about my situation and experiences. This starts the euro series for decaf. It would truly be a life changing and educational trip.

In this trip, plan to make friends with at least 10 new people and try 3 foods I've never had in my life.

It's thanksgiving day, I work tonight at the chapel. I am happy and thankful for everything I have right now and everything I don't, this chance and opportunity, this amazing trip.



No comments:

Post a Comment