Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Dear Lord,

I need a few things. Just a few. Nothing miraculous.

A nice shaded spot under a tree. A simple hammock. Some ice cold beer in a bucket - on a tropical beach, with clean sand and clear water.

I need no:

I need this pleasure right now. OK thanks.   
- humming air conditioning units in the background.
- tourists walking, chatting and milling about
- kids screaming
- no plastic chairs and no colorful umbrellas
- no waiters or servers
- no big hotel, building or resort behind me

I would like to bring my:
- my sun glasses
- some music
- a good long book
- my notebook and a pencil

Preferably somewhere remote, quiet, rough, untamed, no cell phone signal, desolate and away from the bustle - so I can see the stars at night when I wake up from my alcohol delivered slumber.

Why is something simple like this too much to ask? Please advise.

Thanks,

Jab

No comments:

Post a Comment